Anchor text – how to place it in the text?
If we had the article published on our website and if it had generated a significant website traffic, it would be a good idea to transfer this traffic to few other websites that are related to our main one and that discuss related topics. Widely understood internal linking is related to it. One of its varieties is the so-called anchor text, which we will look through in the following article.
What is anchor text?
Anchor text is a hyperlink leading to another section of our website, integrated into a fragment of the text. It does not disturb its semantic and grammatical compliance.
In other words it is a term (or combination of words) that contain a link to another website. Anchor text is usually formatted according to the guidelines for links (therefore it is distinguished by blue color and underline the most often).
A writing service that is gaining in importance is called copywriting.
After clinking on the word „copywriting”, we will be brought to the website that discuss copywriting services, although the content itself is rather an introduction to the outline of copywriting as a profession.
Anchor text is a simple and effective way to increase organic traffic to our website by suggesting the websites of the related topic to the reader. In order to visit them, user clicks on the anchor and moves to another subpage. It may also refer to a completely different website. Before we talk directly about how to effectively place anchor text, let’s take a look at the types of it.
Types of anchor text
Below we present different types of anchors, using the address (and links) of our website as an examples. We distinguish them on the basis of the text into which the link is set.
- Brand name – that is the name of our website, i.e. Content Writer;
- URL link – direct placement of the entire URL code (https://contentwriter.pl/) in the text. However, it is neither „elegant” nor „right” solution, for a stylistic point of view;
- Title of the article, product or service – eg „Read also: Marketing goals – how to determine them? What should I pay attentions to?”;
- Key phrase – an example of this has already been presented above;
- A similar key phrase – it will allow us to avoid repetition in the text. It still must meet the basic stylistic criteria (for example „Find out what to add to your website”);
- A slogan – such as „Buy now!”, „Click here”, „See more”. Links of this type stand out from the rest of the text and do not convey any specific information, therefore we do not recommend using them.
How to use anchor text?
As you can see above, there can be quite a lot of types of anchor texts, but their number in one article should be appropriate. First of all, you should take care of the naturalness of the original texts and its stylistic coherence. We should not try to cram as many of them as possible into one article; it is best to link the websites that are thematically related or that generate a significant percentage of traffic on our website.
It is also worth checking whether similar keywords had not already appeared on our website – using anchor text to link them would seem justified. Additionally, when we write an article on a given topic, it is worth using them to redirect the reader to websites on which we explain the terms we use.
Good anchor text should be integrated into the text, unobtrusive and justified.
If it meets these three simple criteria, then we can place it with no worried. Remember that the frequent bending the stylistic and grammatical rules in order to place an anchor “by force” will probably not get past the Google’s algorithms and may result in lower rating of our website.
Your comment has been added and is awaiting approval.