Content SEO – 5 most important rules
Creating content for SEO is not an easy thing if we expect a top position in the search engine. Nevertheless, there are a few fixed rules that must be followed to increase the chance of achieving the intended results. We present them in the article below.
What is content SEO?
Content SEO is content adapted to the requirements of search engines in order to improve the visibility of the website.
The name consists of two parts: content (of texts presented to clients) and SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
Content SEO results have a significant business impact because:
- generate website traffic
- increase the number of potential customers
- increase sales
- have a positive impact on the popularity and image of the company
For this reason, knowing the SEO content guidelines is extremely helpful for anyone focusing on online marketing. So let’s discuss the most important of them.
Content SEO – 5 basic rules
At the beginning, important information – there are no shortcuts in creating content for SEO. Knowledge of the following tips is helpful, but does not relieve you of the obligation to write substantive content.
Every good content requires a considerable amount of time and work, which cannot be avoided.
We assure you that the effects are worth the effort. After all, positioning for specific reasons has become the marketing goal of most companies. So let’s check what content SEO looks like in practice.
Content must be unique; is condition number one. It’s not just that individual texts are more effective because they ensure brand consistency, adaptation to the needs of recipients, etc. If they are copied from another site, Google may impose a penalty and consequently degrade the position, which we want to avoid.
Therefore, the basic issue of SEO content is the fact that it must be written from scratch. Of course, it can be based on other sources, but its form requires uniqueness.
Another feature of SEO content is the substantive content that brings value to readers. Useful information is a requirement for the text to find its place in the online ecosystem, gaining traffic from the search engine.
Along with this, we must pay attention to the reliability of the transmitted messages. Citing dubious sources, emotional content or extreme subjectivism are undesirable elements of SEO content. A better idea is to approach the topic objectively, and weigh all the pros and cons (such high-quality text is called quality content).
Optimal information architecture is of great importance for SEO results. A clear text structure for positioning should contain:
- introduction (excerpt)
- hierarchical arrangement of headings
- extracted definitions and key excerpts
- summary of conclusions (summary)
Thanks to this structure, the recipient will find the necessary information easier, and the whole thing will be much clearer. Needless to say, such content is promoted more in the search engine.
A set of several permanent steps that are taken after writing content is called optimization of the text for SEO. We include:
- meta-texts – i.e. the wording of the content appearing in the search results;
- keywords – placement of phrases (in the title, headings and text) for which the content is to be positioned;
- adding photos – posting attractive graphics along with specifying the alternative text (which will be displayed if the photo does not load);
- internal linking – adding links to other texts based on the same URL.
Implementation of these activities is not time-consuming, and significantly affects the potential of content for SEO. So you definitely can’t miss them.
This element is not strictly related to content creation, but we cannot omit it, as it significantly affects the results obtained in terms of SEO. After all, what effects can an article that has been placed on a slow website about outdated technological solutions bring?
The environment in which we place content has a significant impact on the position in the search engine. Factors that determine potential SEO include:
- topical authority (thematic authority)
- page load time
- domain age
- friendly graphics
- SSL certificate
- number of incoming links
So we see that content SEO itself is not the only thing we need to pay attention to. Equally important is the destination of the publication, as it is also responsible for the final effects of the created content.
- Content SEO is search engine optimized text to attract customers and increase sales.
- An inseparable element of effective content is uniqueness, usability, clear structure, optimization activities and the right environment.
- There are hundreds of ranking factors – we have listed the most basic ones.
Your comment has been added and is awaiting approval.