How to run a blog to attract customers and sell
It used to be associated with a collection of culinary and travel entries, today it is the foundation of content marketing. The blog – because that’s what we’re talking about – has become a central strategy in acquiring customers, building the image and creating interest in the offer. However, how to run a blog to fulfill all these functions?
Selling with a blog? It’s possible!
Everything flows – so said Heraclitus of Ephesus, although even he did not realize how much the perception of the blog will undergo over the last decade.
It is primarily about the business dimension – a blog site is no longer just an attribute of people who want to share tips with the world. Today, every company that conducts marketing activities on the Internet regularly publishes specialized articles in its industry.
However, we know that creating such content takes time and effort. So what is the purpose of this workload?
Benefits of blogging
Blog articles can do a lot of good for the company’s interests. The most important benefits they bring are:
- Increase in website traffic – the primary goal of content is to generate traffic by gaining appropriate visibility. Articles fulfill this role perfectly and effectively attract new recipients.
- More potential customers – valuable readers who may be interested in your offer come to the website of their own free will. Recipients acquired under the so-called Inbound marketing, have a higher conversion rate compared to people who are inadvertently shown traditional ads.
- Building a brand image – this asset is often underestimated, because it seems that it has little to do with sales. Nothing could be more wrong! The current purchasing process is based on trust like never before, and creating recognition and competence in the eyes of customers contributes to greater interest in the offer and increases prices, which affects the margin and final profits.
What’s more, the effects of content marketing are extremely stable – articles do not disappear, and the growing age of the domain only works in your favor. It is therefore worth learning how to run a blog to enjoy the growing purse on this account!
How to run an effective blog?
The final effects are influenced by a number of factors, but we can list the most important of them.
- Clear layout – it is worth taking care of solid foundations for inserting content. Consider a clear article structure, which includes an introduction, a table of contents, a hierarchy of headings, a summary of the topic addressed, or a summary. Both the audience and Google algorithms do not like blocks of text, so let some air into your content!
- Intuitive UX – before customers read the content, they will see many elements related to your blog page. Take care of a short loading time, perform internal linking and encourage reading more articles. In addition, no one likes having to close pop-up windows and disable ads after entering a blog. Pages with this approach have a drastic bounce rate.
- Substantive value – convenient is one thing, but usefulness is another. Articles must have unprecedented value for the user to spark interest in your company. If your texts are just to gain visibility and get traffic, don’t count on frequent inquiries.
- SEO optimization – as the cartoon Johny Bravo used to say: “Muscles are not everything! The frieze counts too.” It is the same with the article, which, in addition to perfect, clear content, must contain elaborated meta-descriptions, tags and alternative text attached to the distinguishing photo. Such “details” significantly affect the final effect, especially in terms of positioning.
- If you wanted a concise answer on how to run a blog, we have to disappoint you: success depends on many factors, and articles are just one of them.
- Nevertheless, it is worth gaining the awareness that content marketing is an extremely complicated network, where there is no simple recipe for the benefits of a blog.
- Knowledge is essential, but knowing the relationship is still just a fishing rod, not a fish. The market will ultimately decide the effectiveness of the catch!
Your comment has been added and is awaiting approval.