Producing Fun content – promoting your brand with humor!
Most entrepreneurs take the promotion of their business deadly seriously. However, a bit of relaxation and humor will not only do no harm but also allow you to attract the attention of your audience more effectively. And that’s one of the foundations of business success. If you want to bring some joy to your marketing efforts and make communication with your audience much more interesting, try using fun content.
What is fun content?
Fun content refers to humorous content that is used in advertising messages and brand, product, or service promotions.
It can take various forms, from highly popular memes, funny videos, and wordplay games, to witty comments referencing current events (Real-Time Marketing). Their goal is to bridge the gap between your company and the customers, while giving your business a “human touch”. After all, many of us enjoy a good joke and treat the internet as a source of entertainment.
Fun content can either serve as the basis for communication with customers (less frequently) or as a supplement to “traditional” advertising messages (more frequently). It should be used with sensitivity and an awareness that it may not work in every situation or for every company. Its use should be preceded by a thorough analysis of the target audience and their needs, otherwise, it may have the opposite effect of what was intended.
What benefits can fun content bring?
- Shortening the distance between your company and potential or existing customers.
- Differentiating your brand from competitors who take themselves and their audience too seriously.
- Capturing the attention of audiences regardless of age, gender, needs, or the problems they face.
- Showing the “human side” of your business and demonstrating that your company consists of living, emotional beings rather than marketing bots.
- Increasing brand recognition and, consequently, generating higher revenues.
Fun content has tremendous viral potential – once a joke is released into the ether, it can take on a life of its own and generate enormous reach for a long time.
Therefore, it is worth considering the use of fun content in your marketing efforts.
Examples of fun content
In the era of internet “memification,” graphics and GIFs, often accompanied by humorous and witty captions, are the best examples of humorous marketing content. Memes are loved by almost everyone, so it’s no wonder that they are becoming an increasingly common element in promotional campaigns, not only for smaller brands but also for larger ones.
However, that’s not all. Fun content can take on other forms as well. Brands also use the following to increase reach and capture audience attention:
- Funny videos, such as those depicting the company’s life, which don’t require much time or money to create but can improve brand image.
- Jokes and word games involving the offered products or services, or focusing on the represented industry, which can show the company from a slightly different perspective.
- Clever real-time marketing, which involves commenting on trendy and current events, allowing the company to actively engage with the audience.
Fun content works best on social media platforms because it has a concise and condensed format and often relates to what’s currently trending. It can be an excellent complement to your promotional activities on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or even serve as their foundation.
How do you create humorous content so that it does not alienate potential customers?
Using fun content can be an incredibly effective way to develop your brand, but it also carries certain risks. First and foremost, the jokes you use must be entertaining. If you don’t understand your audience’s sense of humor or fail to hit their preferences, your message may only elicit a pitying smile and ridicule your business.
If you want your fun content to be effective, consider the following:
- Get to know your audience and their sense of humor, keeping in mind that different jokes resonate with different age groups or generations (X, Y, Z).
- Use colloquial language, but avoid vulgar or offensive terms.
- Joke about situations rather than specific individuals, especially potential or existing customers.
- Use memes or other humorous content in the appropriate context to ensure they are always understandable to the audience.
- Stay updated on current trends and seize topics that can be joked about and capture your customers’ attention.
- Employ intelligent and witty jokes that are well-received and avoid excessive references to politics or other sensitive topics.
- Use humorous content wisely so that it doesn’t distract from your main business activities and goals.
The essence of fun content is to laugh with your customers, not at them. Keep this in mind, as any mistake can result in a deterioration of your company’s reputation.
- Fun content is humorous content used in communication with customers and marketing campaigns.
- With fun content, you can bridge the gap between your company and customers, attract the attention of a larger audience, and stand out from the competition.
- Fun content can take various forms, such as memes, funny images and videos, jokes and wordplay, and real-time marketing (RTM).
- When using fun content, tailor the humor to your target audience, avoid offending anyone, and exercise caution to ensure your message is correctly received.
- Never make fun of your customers, as it is the quickest way to lose them.
Your comment has been added and is awaiting approval.