How to write an ad: producing effective ads
Writing an advertisement is creating a simple form and an extremely complex essence. The work seems simple, but it is rarely effective. What it depends on? How to write an ad to really increase sales in the company? Find out in the guide below!
How to write an ad that converts?
The analysis of consumer needs and the development of marketing techniques is one of the most dynamic areas of the 20th century. Each year brings new changes – both in marketing solutions and in customer preferences.
We know more and more about how to write an ad. We can successfully list the scientifically proven features that attract customers.
At the beginning, we must answer the basic question: what is the marketing goal of the advertisement?
Its purpose will mainly determine the specificity of the content, so let’s check what we can achieve with the help of individual creations.
Building brand recognition
This is a primary goal in a Facebook campaign (along with “Reach”), because it allows you to reach a large audience at low cost. This stage of advertising is characterized by low sales conversion, but this is not its main goal – the fundamental task is to “get into the minds of the audience” to then display more precise creations. Users who associate your company are more likely to turn into customers (especially in the B2B industry).
The advertising text must be concise, creative and attention-grabbing. The larger the group of recipients, the simpler the structure of the message.
- Do not present your entire offer and story about the company.
- Set yourself up for a laconic message that will be remembered by the recipients.
A good solution may be a short advertising slogan that accurately describes your company, and at the same time is catchy and unconventional.
Let’s move to the other end – to activities that are simply to increase sales. You already have an audience that associates your company. It’s time to convince her to take advantage of your offer!
A very important element at this stage is to show the benefits of the purchase. Users must be told simply and clearly why it is worth spending money on your service or product.
- Don’t focus on what you have.
- Focus on what you can give.
Information about the benefits has the greatest impact on the purchasing decision. Don’t charm your audience with exaggerated creatives or brag about why your business is better than the competition. Just visualize the change your customers will experience after they make a transaction.
Let’s explore practical conversion-oriented advertising.
You run a car care company. You have reached a group of interested people and you want to show them a sales creation.
How to write an ad to be effective? Remember that you have a limited amount of space and you need to convey compelling information. Choose from two options:
- Write about modern equipment, new brushes and cloths, low prices and short lead times.
- Inform about the fresh, oceanic smell that the car will have after washing. Just leave the car for a few minutes and it’s ready!
You are not the only one on the market – the potential customer is constantly flooded with advertisements. Among them, the information about the new company vacuum cleaner will not impress him. But by formulating the message in the other way, you influence his imagination, which is about HIS good, not YOURs. A pleasant smell in the car will create a greater need to buy than discounts and the latest cloths in your workshop.
- Creating an effective ad is not easy. You will not find any ready-made solution on a clay board – the demand is dynamic and it is the needs of consumers that determine the final effectiveness of the creation.
- For this reason, it is worth influencing them by informing about the benefits and changes that will occur after using your offer.
- How to write an ad depends not only on the marketing goal, but also on the specifics of your company and its customers. Many factors must be taken into account, and scientifically validated methods must be applied to them.
- As a result, advertising writing avoids the beaten track and goes towards reasonable improvisation, which takes into account the dynamic needs of consumers and reacts to changes.
Your comment has been added and is awaiting approval.