What to create – subpages or articles?
The more content on the page, the better – recipients remember the brand, valuable traffic accumulates, and the pool of potential customers expand. However, there are two paths to content development – blog articles and subpages. Which one to choose in order to gain more benefits? Read and find out!
Offer subpages or blog articles?
To the vague question „what to choose” there is usually one correct answer – „it depends”. It is no different in this case, as both types of content mentioned have their own specific purpose.
Blog articles let us share knowledge by developing industry topics.
Their advantage is creation of expert image, the ability to describe many issues, as well as gaining website traffic to niche, but precise key phrases. In addition, they enable the regular development of the website and therefore constitute a significant power in the long run.
Offer subpages, as the name suggest, describe the individual elements of the specific offer. They help us to compete for significant keywords in the industry.
In addition, they encourage sales and present the services in detail, which is why they are an indispensable element of every complex website. Their role in case of organic traffic is invaluable – although it is difficult to compete for attention after users type popular phrases, success is extremely fruitful as users are directed to the sections related to your offer.
When to develop subpages and articles?
As we have already mentioned, the offer subpages are needed from the very beginning, because they inform customers and encourage completing transactions. However, their importance in the search engine is grows over time, which is why generating website traffic is not their strong point at the very beginning.
Blog articles can quickly reach top positions and catch the attention of our very first recipients. The ability to describe various topics allows us to use phrases that have not been developed yet and that are still related to industry in which you operate. For the most issues, the effect take time – hence the frequency of publishing is important, as it let us present the large amount of content using numerous keywords.
Texts for subpages can be created only once, thus properly. On the other hand, the possibilities related to the blog are endless, so it is worth positioning professional and expert articles on a regular basis.
Landing page – synthesis of articles and subpages
We have not mentioned an extremely effective type of content – landing page. It has radically changed the image of how the websites development look like.
Texts on the landing page are basically classified as subpages. However, they are often not visible in the offer tap. They combine the advantages of articles and subpages, mostly because they can be developed in many ways. What is more, they direct readers to issues related to services.
Cities are the best example here. Do you direct your offer to the domestic market, but your headquarters is Dallas? You do not need to open branches in every possible town or city to present your services – subpages with key phrases related to the location are enough.
Thanks to this, Seattle citizens can visit your website when searching for the name of their city! What is more, they will be caught in the net of your sales content – in this case, the bounce rate will usually be lower if we compare it to the blog.
It is true that the possibilities of the subpages are limited. The offer must be clear so that the potential customers does not get lost in the sheer volume of information. However, a hidden and well-designed landing page can improve your content by inserting many valuable key phrases. This is an undoubted advantage which you should know and take advantage of.
Articles vs subpages at a glance
Now it is a time to summarize the information you have received.
- They bring a great opportunity for content development (you can use them to describe interesting topics in the specific branch of industry that bother potential customers);
- They can generate website traffic quite quickly – thanks to the complex key phrases (the so-called long tail);
- They build the image of an expert and help you gain trust in they eyes of recipients, as well as allow you to value your services and products more.
The main disadvantages are:
- High bounce rate (reader often visit websites to get familiar with them and then close the page without thinking);
- A lot of effort put into the development of such content (the effects can be seen only after you create a lot of texts, and creation can be time-consuming).
- They do not only position themselves, but also contain important information which is necessary in the sales process;
- If they gain high position in the search results, they will start generating very valuable website traffic (key phrases are identical to the services offered);
- They are not needed in the large amount, so as these are not so costly and time-consuming.
If we talk about the drawbacks, then:
- You can create only a few of them (the offer must be clear and understandable for recipients);
- Competing for desired keywords is difficult and takes a lot of time.
- Directs recipients to the sales content, presenting the company’s services / products;
- Reach top positions in niche but lucrative keywords;
- Can be extended in many ways.
The most „terrifying” cons are:
- Traffic that is definitely lower than the one on regular offer subpages;
- Numerous landing pages, as they require time and work from the copywriter.
Your comment has been added and is awaiting approval.