Fast content: what it is and how to use it
Until recently, vlogs, blog articles, guides, and thematic videos lasting several tens of minutes on YouTube were popular. Today, social media dominates, along with the transmission of fast content through them. Find out what it is and why it’s worth considering its use.
What is fast content?
Fast content refers to quick, concise, and information-rich content of high quality.
It is typically delivered in video format, devoid of introductions and unnecessary elaborations. Excellent examples of fast content platforms are Shorts (YouTube), Reels (Instagram), and Stories (Instagram).
How did fast content start?
One of the platforms that pioneered fast content is considered to be Snapchat, where the community shares short content in a quick manner. Soon after Snapchat gained popularity, Instagram followed the trend, followed by YouTube, WhatsApp, Facebook, and TikTok. Today, all of these applications allow users to create short videos delivering specific messages intended for specific audiences.
Fast content has been very well received among internet users. This may be due, in part, to the fact that most people today lead busy lives and don’t want to spend time reading articles, following blogs, or watching vlogs. Short videos have proven to be a much more attractive form of communication, as they can be watched one after another for various purposes.
How to use fast content?
If you want to utilize fast content, it’s crucial to know what type of content you want to convey to your audience and who your target group is.
Through fast content, you can build both your own popularity and brand recognition. Here are some tips for effectively creating fast content:
- Focus on video format – it has the highest chance of gaining reach.
- Try to keep your videos no longer than 10-30 seconds. That’s roughly the amount of time users are willing to spend on consuming your content.
- Pay attention to SEO – create a catchy description that includes relevant keywords.
- Don’t forget about tags – on platforms like Instagram, many users search for content using tags.
- Include a call to action (CTA) – in the description or within the video, encourage viewers to leave comments or follow your profile.
- Start off interestingly and avoid dragging on – even in short videos, it’s important to provide value from the beginning. Online, it’s common to come across videos with interesting topics, but the creator attempts to keep viewers engaged for longer by filling the content with unnecessary information, resulting in a several-minute-long video. Most viewers will simply exit the video and move on. Don’t force it. Fast content should be short, concise, and of high quality.
Usually, fast content aims to create a long-lasting relationship with the audience.
That’s why it’s important to encourage them through the published content to follow your account and leave comments, as a large number of comments will increase your reach on social media.
Fast content – is it worth it?
It is definitely worth considering creating fast content if you want to develop a personal or business brand. Social media is currently one of the main channels for marketing content. If you create valuable, well-optimized content for SEO and are able to engage users with your profile and keep them interested, fast content is a great method for building reach.
Also, keep in mind that many people browse through Instagram or TikTok videos on a daily basis to relax after work or study. Perhaps they will come across your fast content?
- Fast content is a trend that involves creating and publishing short but catchy and valuable content.
- When creating fast content, don’t forget about SEO, CTA (Call to Action), and keywords that will help increase your reach.
- Make sure to keep your audience engaged and offer them a valuable dose of information or entertainment in a short video.
Your comment has been added and is awaiting approval.